Saturday 3 April 2010

HAPPY EASTER

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
 
Special birthday wishes to Paul and Florence - hope you both have a fantastic day!!! Thinking of you!!
 
To everyone else have a lovely Easter Sunday. After the vigil tonight I am going to enjoy a glass of South Africa Red Wine (after my lenten abstinence) with some cheese and Nairn's oatcakes, from Maura and James.
 
Thankyou to one and all for my Easter Wishes, my apologies for not replying individually but we have been having power cuts every other day and can't access the internet easily.
 
I also hope to get my blog entries up nd running more regularly too, seen some rather interesting things. And I know I have been here a good length of time when I get excited by seeing road lines painted on a new road or getting a bounty bar!!!!
 
No Easter eggs here, but as I was walsking out the other day I had to negotiate my way through a crowd of goats and the herder asked if I wanted on for Fasika (Easter). Also at Shola Marklet today a man thrust a live chicken in my face asking if I wanted that too. It is obvious the animals here are not going to have a good day tomorrow. But the Christian Ethiopans have been fasting - proper fasting for fifty days which includes no eating meat and no dairy products for fifty days. So they indulge themselves (or gorge themselves) on Easter Sunday on meat and dairy. I have never seen so many live chickens!!!!!
 
Love to you all and HAPPY EASTER
 
Joanne x
 


Get a new e-mail account with Hotmail - Free. Sign-up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment