Sunday 13 September 2009

Welcome to Africa!
 
Hello everyone and welcome to Africa! It is a gorgeous sunny day with a bright blue sky and gentle cool breeze. Apart from the luggage fiasco - which got sorted and arrived safely - the journey was fine. No problems, though I did fall asleep during the new Star Trek film which shows just how tiring it was. But I am sure Kirk and Spok won the day.
 
I am staying at the Red Cross centre for the next week which has hot running water from the taps - so a bit of luxuary to start with. Breakfast was nice - scrambled eggs on strange toast with barley and butter! Coffee short and black.
 
First impressions of the place are good - people lovely and helpful and gentle. I am feeling good positive vibes.
 
Finally just a HUGE THANKYOU to everyone for their support, help, donations and gifts. I was truly overwhelmed by people's generosity. If I seemed quiet or uneffusive it is only because I felt so humble but everyones kindness. I assure you I will do all I can in my time here to help others.
 
Nuala, I bought a gorgeous pair of sunglasses from Fat Face, you'd be proud of me and I look quite glam in them. Mo thanks for your text, hopefully I can text you soon. and thanks to siblings for an absolutely fabulous gift - great choice Mo, I haven't had it off yet. Fran, thanks for a lovely party the memory will stay with me for quite some time. Mark, no need to send you the invoice, get mum to tell you the luggage saga. Gill and tennis chums have a great Club championship - looks like you have a nice day for it.
 
So all, welcome again to Africa and Ethiopia. Here the adventure begins and you are all part of it as I take a part of all of you with me. Big Hugs, kisses and love, Joanne XX


Have more than one Hotmail account? Link them together to easily access both.

No comments:

Post a Comment